Leave your car on the mainland, enjoy a ferry ride to Madeline Island and take our free one hour walking tour led by local Island guides. This tour highlights how our Island community works, and walks around a good portion of the downtown area. You will learn some of the Island’s history, and how we have progressed from 1623 to the present. Finally, you will hear about the various uses some of our buildings have been through including some architectural tidbits. The route we walk is roughly a half mile long.
- Tours offered June 28 thru August 19, 2021.
- Tour departs at 11am, Wednesday & Thursday only from the Ferry Line Office located on Main Street on Madeline the Island.
- Advance reservations required. Call 715-747-2051 for more information or to make your reservations.
- 4 person minimum needed for tour to take place/ 12 person maximum.
- Ferry fees not included,
- More information about the historic St. Joseph Mission Cemetery (Old Indian Cemetery)
4 Madeline Island Self-Guided Walking Tours with Maps
These self-guided tours highlight Capser Trail, trace island history from downtown La Pointe to Grant’s Point, take in the downtown “Art Junket” tour or explore historic downtown structures.
- Walking Tours 1 & 2
- Walking Tours 3 & 4
- Walking tour maps are also available at Bayfield ferry landing, Madeline Island Information Station, or on the Island.
- Call 715-747-2051 for more information on ferry schedule and rates