Leave your car on the mainland, enjoy a ferry ride to Madeline Island and take our free one hour walking tour led by local Island guides. This tour highlights how our Island community works, and walks around a good portion of the downtown area. You will learn some of the Island’s history, and how we have progressed from 1623 to the present. You will hear about the various uses some of our buildings have been through, as well as some architectural tidbits. The route we walk is roughly a half mile long.
- Tours offered June 29 thru August 21, 2020.
- Tour departs at 11am, Monday through Friday from the Ferry Line Office located on Main Street on Madeline the Island.
- Reservations are highly encouraged.
- 4 person minimum needed for tour to take place/limited space available.
- Ferry fees not included,
- Sign up for the tour at the Ferry Line office on the Island on at the Madeline Island Information Station in Bayfield.
- Call 715-747-2051 for more information or to make your reservations.
- More information about the historic St. Joseph Mission Cemetery (Old Indian Cemetery)
4 Madeline Island Self-Guided Walking Tours with Maps
These self-guided tours highlight Capser Trail, trace island history from downtown La Pointe to Grant’s Point, take in the downtown “Art Junket” tour or explore historic downtown structures.