The Apostle Islands archipelago, was named by early Jesuits who believed there were only 12 islands. There were really 22, and of these, Madeline Island is the largest, and the only one with a year round population.
Experience the relaxed atmosphere and history that is Madeline Island. From soaking up the sun at Big Bay Beach, dining at a local restaurant, to playing 18 holes of golf. A visit to Madeline Island is sure to refresh, relax and inspire you! Check out Madeline Magic for the inside story on things to do, art and culture.
Madeline Island Maps
- 4 Madeline Island Walking Tours Self Guided Maps front
- 4 Madeline Island Walking Tours Self Guided Maps insid
- Madeline Island (with Bike Trails to Parks) Map full island web
- Madeline Island Bike Trails to Parks Map (8 1/2X11)
- Madeline Island Downtown La Pointe Map web
- 2017 Madeline Island Visitor Guide
- Map of the Apostle Islands [pdf]
- Lake Superior Water Trail
- Ferns of Big Bay State Park
- Bird Checklist for Big Bay State Park and the Apostle Islands
- Wild Flowers at Big Bay State Park