March 25, 2020
To Our Customers
Effective: Thursday, March 26, 2020 until further notice the Madeline Island Ferry Line will be operating on a reduced schedule as follows:
We will continue to actively monitor and communicate updates on ferry service. Your cooperation and understanding during these challenging times in greatly appreciated. If we all do our part and work together, we can stop the spread of this virus and keep our community safe and healthy.
Madeline Island Ferry Line
March 23, 2020
To Our Customers:
These are unusual times which require unusual actions. Our highest priority is to safeguard the health of our customers, employees and their families and the community.
Beginning March 25, 2020 (Wednesday) the Madeline Island Ferry Line is implementing the following changes to our office operations.
1. Our office on Madeline Island will be closed to walk in traffic.
2. UPS/Fed-Ex and Spee-Dee packages will be available for pick-up by appointment only, Monday thru Friday from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Please call the office at 715-747-2051 to schedule a pick up. Your package(s) will be left outside the door or in a ferry line vehicle. Until further notice signatures will not be required.
3. If you need to return a Fed-Ex or UPS package, please call the office to make arrangements.
4. All Mag card re-charges will be processed on the boat or by mailing a check to PO Box 66.
5. If you need to purchase a new Mag card, please call the office to make arrangements.
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation during these challenging times.
Madeline Island Ferry Line
March 19, 2020
To All our Customers:
Madeline Island Ferry Line (MIFL) operates an essential service for the Island community. We make emergency runs, bring supplies to the Island community and provide commuter service to and from the Island. During this time of the year, there are no alternative forms of transportation between Bayfield and the Island.
Considering recent developments with the COVID-19 virus in the last several days; the ferry line is strongly recommending not taking the ferry unless you are a resident or commuting to work.
MIFL is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and adjusting our operations to protect the health of our employees and their families, passengers and community. We share in your concern about the recently confirmed case in our area. We hope to continue to serve as a link between the Island and the Chequamegon Bay region.
Sincerely, Madeline Island Ferry Line
March 16, 2020
Dear Madeline Island Ferry Line Customers,
The Madeline Island Ferry Line is open and currently running our normal schedule, which can be found at madferry.com.
The health and safety of our customers and employees is a top priority, so we wanted to take a moment to update you on the steps we are taking to address our shared concerns in light of the presence of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) we have implemented additional preventative measures to maintain a clean, healthy environment.
These efforts include:
- Making sure employees who are ill or displaying signs of illness (fever, cough) stay home from work.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of high contact public surfaces (i.e. handrails, door handles, etc.) of our vessels and passenger terminal areas.
- Directing all employees to frequently wash their hands according to recommended procedures.
We are doing everything in our power to provide a safe transportation experience for our customers and a healthy environment for our employees and community. We will continue to actively monitor and communicate updates on ferry service as needed. Please click here to sign up for our text notifications.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 715-747-2051.
Gary W. Russell, Vice President