September 2, 2021 Update
Mask Mandate for Ferry Terminal and Passenger Cabins
Due to the continued increase in COVID cases in Ashland and Bayfield counties, high level of community transmission and concerns regarding the Delta variant, the Madeline Island Ferry Line is requiring face masks be worn in the ferry terminal and vessel passenger cabins. Thank you for your cooperation.
June 11, 2021 Update
CDC Relaxes Mask Mandate for Outdoor Spaces on Passenger Vessels
The CDC announced that effective immediately it will no longer enforce mask wearing requirements on outdoor spaces aboard passenger vessels and other transportation modes. Passenger Vessel Association (PVA) considers this announcement to effectively end the mask policy for outdoor decks. For now, the CDC continues to maintain the mandatory mask policy for indoor spaces on passenger vessels.
Effective November 2, 2020 (Monday): The Madeline Island Ferry Line has established recommended capacity limits in the passenger cabins on our ferries to allow for social distancing. In addition, windows in the passenger cabins must remain open a minimum of two inches as outside air helps reduce possible COVID-19 transmission.
The recommended passenger cabin capacity limits are:
- MV Bayfield: 7 People
- MV LaPointe (Lower Deck): 3
- MV La Pointe (Upper Deck): 10
- MV Madeline: 8 People
- MV Island Queen: 6 people
- MV Nichevo: 5 people
Passenger cabin seating is available on a first come, first serve basis. Please be prepared to stand outside when the passenger cabin is full. Thank you for your cooperation.
IMPORTANT: Town of La Pointe Face Covering Ordinance
May 21, 2020
To All Our Customers:
For the health and safety of our passengers, employees and their families and our community, please follow these guidelines when using our ferries:
- Passengers should stay in their vehicles or social distance (6 feet minimum) on the car deck while aboard ferries.
- Walk on passengers should practice social distancing (6 feet minimum) aboard ferries and on docks.
- Passengers using the passenger cabins on our ferries are required to wear a protective face covering.
- Restrooms on ferries are closed. Passenger terminal and restrooms in Bayfield are open. Protective face covering required to enter.
- Please follow all signage and directions from Madeline Island Ferry Line employees.
- Madeline Island Ferry Line reserves the right to limit the amount of passengers and vehicles aboard the ferry to help ensure social distancing guidelines.
We will continue to actively monitor and communicate updates on ferry service. THANK YOU for working with the Madeline Island Ferry Line to make your time on Madeline Island enjoyable, memorable and safe.